Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekend in Review - #2

I missed last weekend... whoops!


Last week was a 5-day work week... I know I'm spoiled but 5-day weeks are the worst... ok, I'm just being dramatic, last week was fine and dandy.


Friday night after work I stopped by the grocery store for supplies for dinner.  I headed home and played with Simon, fed him dinner, played with him more and then he went to bed.  Dan decided to work on his car so I prepped what I needed to for dinner and finally Dan started the grill.  I hung out with him outside for awhile, but mostly I watched TV on the living room couch.


I hardly ever watch "my" TV on the upstairs couch b/c Dan is usually up there and he doesn't like what I want to watch  (Currently, The OC) so I normally go downstairs, but I took advantage of the time I had and enjoyed TV watching upstairs sprawled out on the couch.  Finally dinner was ready after 9.  We ate, talked a bit and then I headed to bed.
Burger, corn on the cob and asparagus


It was my night to get up with Simon, but I got to sleep in on Saturday morning.  Of course to him that means until 8:30 (even though I don't wake him up on his morning to sleep in....)  I got up and played with Simon and he went down for a nap.  During his nap I did dishes, washed and made bottles, showered and got ready.  Simon was up around 11 and I got him ready and we went over to my mom's house. 


We hung out over there for awhile and then went to lunch at The Barn next to Sappington House.  It was a cute little place, the food was good but more so than that Simon was stealing the show.  Everyone commenting on how cute and happy he is.  He was waving and interacting with other kids and people.  It was adorable.  Afterwards we drove around - first Lone Elk Park and then just all over.  Keith called while we were in the car and we talked to him for awhile.  It was really nice.


Then Simon and I headed back home.  We were going to go to the Smithton parade but Dan decided not to so instead we went to the grocery store for dinner items.  I put Simon to bed and then hung out outside with Dan.  We watched the guy sky dive from 25,000ft without a parachute into a giant net - it was pretty incredible.  I was getting bitten up so I went back inside.  We watched some TV and then I headed to bed.


On Sunday I got up with Simon around 7:30.  We played for a bit then I fed him breakfast and I washed dishes/bottles and started to make bread.  We played and Dan put Simon down for a nap.  I did the next step in my bread and then when Simon got up we got ready and went to Grant's Farm.
Happy boy in the morning - I came in to find him sitting up in his crib playing with the Leapfrog Dog we keep in there for nighttime music


It was somewhat crowded, but I've seen worse so in that regard it wasn't too terrible, it was just really hot/humid.  We saw a lot of animals and Simon really enjoyed watching Dan feed the adult goats.  We had a good time, but Simon was having a hard time sitting still on the train ride.  Dan and I got our free beer sample and then we left, got some food and headed home. 
Train ride

Simon found the goats pretty funny

Dan feeding the camel


Simon wasn't digging nap time, but ended up going to bed early.  I finished up my bread.  I spent the evening starting on a project for Simon's room and then watching TV and cross-stitching.


The bread I made was super good, as soon as I read about the recipe I knew I had to make it and it did NOT disappoint.  So so tasty!


Overall a pretty nice weekend!

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

i totally enjoy these blog posts!!