Tuesday, August 4, 2015

29 Weeks

How far along:  29 weeks; size of a butternut squash or small cabbage

How I'm feeling:  Really I'm not complaining, am I slightly more uncomfortable at times? Sure, but really I think I've been feeling pretty good I'd say

Sleep:  Is good - I enjoy it.  I will say that I took a nap on the couch downstairs in not the greatest position and work up to my wrists being sore, probably b/c I wasn't paying as much attention to keeping them straight-ish, luckily the pain hasn't seemed to get bad or anything.  Also really wishing I had a bed frame...

Worries/Fears:  Childcare, birth, what the heck I'll do with a child... the normal things... so same as always

Miss anything: Summertime is drinking time, so I do miss that at times, but really it's not bad.

Movement:  Oh yes - still would like someone else to be able to feel it.  But there are times there's a TON of movement.  And lately I've been feeling more rolls instead of jabs.  Although last week sometime I got a pretty good jab right to the cervix area... that was an interesting feeling.

Food cravings:  It's sweets... that's what it is... I think about what I'll have for dessert before I even think about dinner...

Food aversions: Nada

Other symptoms:  Swelling and heartburn are back!  My back aches (this is just a side note, but I remember when I hit 30 there was some sort of meme that was like 29 years and 364 days back feels fine, 30 years back starts aching - I sort of felt that way about entering the 3rd trimester like didn't ache in the second and as soon as I hit the 3rd it aches haha).  Sometimes uncomfortable to sit in certain position... and constipation was bad (but I'm trying to be better about some things to not let that happen again)

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  Maternity clothes... I took a pic of my belly button the other day b/c I thought it looked like a button.  I know what I wear can make me look bigger or smaller or that's my opinion at least.
Ok... looked more like a button in the mirror, b/c it was making an X


What I'm looking forward to: Doctor's appointment on Wednesday and 3-day weekend

Best moment of this week:  Thursday night I had dinner with my dad, stepmom and brother at Prasino - it was delish! Friday I worked (had all day training) and that night we had a family dinner at The Kitchen Sink for Keith's birthday.  Good food and fun trying somewhere new.


Saturday we had some people over and hung out on our deck.  With the shade of the maple and some fans going it was pretty nice out.  We had some hot dogs, hamburgers and mac and cheese.


Sunday we went to the Alive Magazine Budweiser Burger Battle downtown with Amanda and Lou.  It was fun, but it was hot.  We stayed for about an hour and then had a drink at Square One Brewery (AC YES!) and then headed home.  I guess the heat wore me out because I took a nap on the couch afterwards.  Overall a short, but nice weekend.

The Bump:

No comments: