Tuesday, August 18, 2015

31 Weeks

How far along:  31 weeks; weight of a coconut.  Can you believe we are in the single digit weeks left... yikes time is flying.


How I'm feeling:  I feel more and more pregnant all the time.

Sleep:  I can sleep pretty well, rolling over and getting up aren't the most fun but it's still good.  I do sometimes sleep on my back but in the last couple of days that's been uncomfortable at times too.  I have been sleeping with an extra pillow between my legs and I think that's been helping with the pelvic pain.

Worries/Fears:  Remaining the same - giving birth, childcare and this huge life change of a baby in just a couple of short months.

Miss anything: Sleeping on my belly and bending over

Movement:  Oh yeah, some quite strong jabs and times and the random lots of movement at once.  I'll also get the occasional kick/jab to the bladder... that one always catches me off guard.

Food cravings:  All the sweets

Food aversions: Nada

Other symptoms:  Heartburn - blah, exhaustion, acne and peeing all the time.  I had been on the verge of a cold all week (sore throat) and by Thursday I was feeling generally worn out and started a runny nose.  I ended up leaving work early and sleeping most of the day and felt a lot better by Friday, which is good b/c I had a big weekend planned.

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  I'm seeing parts of my belly button I didn't know existed haha.  No stretch marks to date (knock on wood) - I do spray my belly with cocoa butter lotion after my showers... although I know there's still plenty of time for it to happen

What I'm looking forward to: Our crib and dresser came in - so I'm excited to see that put together in the nursery and start it all coming together... also three day weekend!

Best moment of this week:  Well, it was a big week around these parts.  For one - on Tuesday my amazing coworkers threw me a surprise baby shower.  It was so sweet and we got some awesome gifts.  They had good food and cake and games.  It was really nice and I felt so loved.  Of course I hate being center of attention so my anxiety was high, but it was really really sweet and I know I work with some really fantastic coworkers.
Me with my team who threw the shower


That night Dan and I took our first childbirth class and while medical speak always makes me uneasy it's nice to get that starts... of course next week is the videos of birth and I could go without seeing that if I'm being honest.


Friday I took off an hour early and met Susan to get a mani/pedi.  Always relaxing and my toes really needed a fresh coat of paint.  After that we got some food at Crushed Red and chatted.  It was a really nice time.  After that I went by the grocery store to get some ingredients and since Oreos were on sale I bought more than I really needed to.  I got home and made Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes for Susan's party the next day then watched some TV and went to bed.


Saturday I got up early-ish and Dan went to Home Depot to buy supplies for the shelves I want him to build for the nursery.  I cleaned up around the house, showered and then went through two big bags of baby clothes Dan's coworker gave us.  Of course they were 95% for a girl, but I was able to pull out some that are gender neutral... and if we end up having a girl we'll have a ton, otherwise we'll give them to Amanda to use.  After that I got ready and went by Macy's to get my dad a birthday present.  I then went to Susan's painting party.  It was a lot of fun and some good food (I could have grazed all day).  My painting turned out pretty good.  After the party we had dinner at Edgewild which was very tasty.
My painting


Sunday I had brunch with my dad at Gamlin Whiskey House.  It was delicious and fun spending some time with him for his birthday.  Afterwards I grocery shopped.  It was somewhere in there that I was EXHAUSTED from everything and didn't feel great.  I went home made Dan carry in and put away the groceries and then laid in bed and probably could have until Monday morning... but atlas I got up, ate dinner, hung out with the cats, showered and went to bed early.

The Bump:  It doesn't seem so big when I'm just looking down, but from the side wow.
Wow, this is pretty off center huh?  Now that I've been taking these in the bathroom this entire time, seems like I should continue

No comments: