Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Well, it was quite the Labor Day weekend. Since my normal off day fell on Labor Day it got pushed to Tuesday. I returned home from Atlanta on Thursday and decided that going back to work on Friday would totally and completely suck. So I took some time off... it was about the best decision I could have made.

With being out of the office in Atlanta last week and then this fabulous five day weekend it really helped me de-stress and get away from the drama of the office. Right now I'm feeling quite rejuvenated... I don't think I realized how much I just needed a break... I love my job and I love my co-workers but sometimes it's nice to just get away for awhile.

So you may be asking exactly what did I do with my 5 day weekend... and that would be a good question...

On Friday, I just lazied around the house. I went and got a card for a wedding and did a little grocery shopping (getting delicious strawberries!!) I tried to go to the mall, but I just wasn't in the mood to shop. (one of these days the shopping bug is going to bite... but it hasn't yet...) Friday night Chad and I just spent the night together. I like having a low-key Friday night and with being out of town all week it's always nice to spend time the two of us.

On Saturday we had a wedding of a friend to attend. How amazing was the weather on Saturday? Perfect day for a wedding. The ceremony was outdoors at the World's Fair Pavilion in Forest Park. There was quite a strong breeze... kinda interesting when the ceremony finally got underway. The ceremony started about 25 minutes late... and I'm blaming that on the fact it was unbelievable weather and everyone in St. Louis wanted to be at the park.

After the ceremony we headed up to O'Leary's with some friends to kill some time. I haven't been there forever and I think I'd like to go back soon. They even have fried pickles like we made in our cooking class. After we killed a little more time we headed up to the reception. It was a lot of fun. Drinking and dancing with friends. I always have such a good time at weddings. I wish more of our friends would take the plunge.

Sunday involved some surprisingly fast recovery on my part... but that was only a small part of the day. I got to do something I haven't done in quite awhile - hang out with my family. My mom, brother and I visited my grandma. We went out to eat at Mimi's Cafe in Chesterfield. It was quite delicious. I also got to see my aunt, uncle and cousin.

After visiting with grandma, we headed back but ended up at my mom's house. I had an idea for some more art for my house (stay tuned for that.) I also got to see my little sister. We all played Picturecka... it was a pretty fun game. I really enjoyed just having a casual day with my family... I'd love to do it more often.

Chad and I had another somewhat relaxing day on Monday. We slept in and made breakfast together. We did some housework and then went on a grocery shopping trip. We first went by Petsmart and then onto Schnucks. We haven't had a grocery trip like that in quite awhile. Thankfully we spent way less than we were expecting but we still got a lot of food and we didn't get any sweets... go us. We wrapped up Chad's Labor Day weekend with pasta and garlic bread for dinner... yum-o

Today I've had another day to myself. I've gotten laundry done and vacuuming and dusting... I'm not sure what I'll do this afternoon but I hear Chad is going to make special cheese burgers... I, for one, am excited.

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!!

No comments: