Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weekend in Review: ZooQuest and Cardinals

I had a full weekend, but it was awesome... truly awesome!

Friday I got the pleasure of waiting at home for the delivery man to show up with my patio furniture.  It was one of those 4 hour windows (11-3) and since it required a signature I had to be there... I really wanted to get in the shower, but I knew as soon as I did they would show up... so I just waited and waited and finally at 2:30 he showed up.

But in the mean time of waiting I got some super big news job related news.  So that was awesome.

When Dan got home we put together the patio furniture.  Of course I started on a chair and he started on the table.  He finished the table and started on a chair and finished that chair before I even finished my first chair... figures.  I let him put together the rest while I organized the rest of the materials and threw things away and stuff like that.  Soon there after (because Dan is an assembly master) our patio furniture was put together!  I am so happy to have it.  My mom gave it to me for my birthday.  I found the set on Walmart.com.  It was the cheapest set I could find, especially for a 7-piece set and luckily I love it!  Patio furniture is too freaking expensive!

 
After that I got ready and we went out with my dad to Granite City Brewery (it's not actually in Granite City).  It was such a nice night of drinking some beers, eating some food and hanging out with my dad and Dan and Janet.
 
On Saturday I got up and got ready to meet my sister.  We decided a couple of weeks ago to participant in the ZooQuest at the St. Louis Zoo (lite version).  We really weren't sure what to expect, but thought we'd have a good time.  Here we are before we started:

 
At first when we got our packet we felt really overwhelmed.  The basic-ness of ZooQuest is it's part trivia part scavenger hunt.  We had four 'quests' and some trivia.  We started walking around with no clear idea what the heck we were doing.  The four quests were 1) word clouds and we had to find the animal that corresponded 2) A logic problem, 3) a crossword puzzle and 4) looking for visual pictures for missing letters.  Once we sat down and really just forced ourselves to start it went much better. 
 
We had a lot of fun, it was a ton of walking, but it was such a beautiful day, so that was nice.  Of course since it was so nice out everyone and their mom was at the zoo... with a stroller.  Even though we didn't place, I would totally do it again, it was a really fun day with my sister.
 
After we finished we headed back home, grabbed mom and got some food.  It was fun connecting with her.  We would have loved for her to attend too, but she had to work... boo
 
After food I finally headed back home and I was TIRED!  When I got to my house Dan had invited some friends and my cousins over.  They were hanging out on our back deck (new patio furniture for the win).  I was planning on showering as soon as I got home, but hung out with them.  It was fun because Dan moved the TV outside.  Gotta love having a hook up out there. 
 
The weather was soo beautiful so it was great just hanging out.  We played a couple of rounds of Cards Against Humanity then watched some TV.

Liked the reflection in my glasses

TV! Outside!
On Sunday my sister came over and we headed down to the Cardinals vs. Cubs game with Liz and Ken.  The seats were pretty high up, but it was a great view.  It started raining and they delayed the game for a bit, but luckily Lindsey was smart enough to bring ponchos for both of us!  After the rain passed we were able to watch all the game and we did well!! Lots of hits so that was exciting.
 


I came home and was tired, but did some laundry and we ordered Chinese for dinner.  Overall it was such an amazing weekend.

On a final note, I planted bulbs this past fall and they survived the winter and bloomed this weekend - so pretty!!

No comments: