Friday, October 22, 2010

14/25

I finished this book about a week ago, but am just now getting around to writing the review.

My awesome friend Carrie bought me this book at a book fair. I have heard of the book, but I didn't know anything about it. They are making it into a movie that's due out next year. And I'm a big fan of reading the book before I see the movie. I really enjoyed this book. It kept me wanting to turn the pages. Water for Elephants tells the story of Jacob as an old man looking back on his time traveling with the circus. There were parts of this book that were hard to read, due to animal cruelty, but it was balanced well with good times and love. I really loved how the book ended... left me feeling good. I would recommend this book to others - I've already given my copy to my mom, who might some day actually read it (she's behind on my suggestions.)

No comments: