Monday, July 18, 2016

Weekend in Review - #1

First a couple of notes (not that you care... but I wanted to address it):
  1. Yes, I've done "Weekend in Review" posts before and labeling this #1 in the title, but wanted to start numbering them and going back and counting what I've done previously just seems like a waste of time - so I'm starting with #1 now.
  2. Again, I know I was doing these in the past and stopped... but I wanted to start doing it again, nothing about this weekend was particularly special or exciting as a reason to start with THIS WEEKEND in particular... but gotta start somewhere!
Last week was my long, 5-day workweek and those always feel long, but I made it through and was so happy for the weekend... although I did come home pretty tired!


That afternoon came home and played with Simon, then fed him dinner.  I also did a fair amount of cleaning - bathroom, kitchen, dusting, and some decluttering.  I played more with Simon and he ended up going to bed pretty early around 6:30.  By 7 I was just able to relax and unwind.  Dan ordered a pizza (Feraro's) and I took a shower.  Caleb ended up coming over and we watched some Billy on the Street until I decided to clean up and head to bed at a reasonable hour. 


Saturday morning was my morning to get up with Simon.  We got up around 7:30 and played for awhile and then I fed him breakfast and we played some more.  Simon went down for a nap and ended up going down for a nap as well.  When I woke up we played with Simon and then I went out and got lunch (Fazoli's for Dan and Lion's Choice for me).  I got back and fed Simon lunch and ate my lunch.  Hung out for awhile and then Simon went down for his nap.  I did laundry and cross-stitched while he was sleeping.  He got up around 3 and we played together and I started to get ready to go to Susan's party.


We were ready to leave by 5 and headed up to Susan's.  We stopped at Rockler along the way so Dan could buy some wood... or something.  We got to Susan's and hung out there... there were so many kids and once Simon settled in I think he really enjoyed watching all the kids and people.  We stayed until about 8 (Simon is such a trooper b/c he's normally in bed before 7) and then headed home.  Simon went right to bed (not always the case) and I stayed up awhile watching TV and then finally headed to bed.


I got to sleep in Sunday morning and then got up.  Ran out and grabbed breakfast and then hung out with Simon until it was time for his morning nap.  My mom and grandma picked me up and we headed out to the outlet mall for me to spend a coupon I had (I bought way too much but whatever).  Then we had lunch/brunch at Mimi's CafĂ©.  Afterwards we went to Ladue Nails and got manicures...well me and my grandma did.  Her first salon manicure!  It was a fun experience.  Then they dropped me off back at home around 3.
Getting manis (took FOREVER to get my old polish off)


Our nails


Around 4 we packed up the car and headed over to Amanda and Lou's for dinner (they cooked us a nice dinner of steak, potatoes, breaded green beans and Red Lobster biscuits).  Then we headed over to Dan's grandparent's house to celebrate his grandpa's birthday.  They had homemade ice cream with toppings.  The kids played and Simon especially loved the tractor.  He again was such a trooper and lasted until 8 (although he was pretty cranky on the way home.)  We got home and I put Simon to bed and then took a shower.  I stayed up for awhile watching TV and went to bed.  The weekends are always too short, but we did a lot and had fun!
Grandpa showing the kids his new model plane

Simon loving the tractor

Crazy kids!


No comments: